Are you thinking of asking Dr. David Donnelly about veneers at his Downtown San Diego, CA, office?
There are so many options out there that can improve your smile. Veneers are a cosmetic option people opt for, instead of other more expensive restorations or procedures.
What are veneers?
Veneers are wafer-thin oral prosthetics that adhere to the surface of your natural teeth. Dr. Donnelly creates your custom veneers out of composite resin or porcelain.
A composite is built up in the mouth or a dental technician makes it in a dental lab and later bonds the shell or veneer to the surface of the teeth using resin cement. The other option, porcelain veneers, resist stains and mimic natural teeth' light-reflecting properties.
The steps are quite simple:
- Your downtown San Diego dentist applies a local anesthetic then files down the tooth structure.
- Dr. Donnelly needs to remove some of the tooth, the enamel, to place the veneers, which is an irreversible process.
- The dentist then cements the veneer in place and you're done.
Caring for your veneers is simple too! You just need to brush and floss but make sure you don't apply too much pressure on veneers to avoid breaking them.
Advantages of Veneers
- Veneers are a cost-effective cosmetic procedure compared to others.
- They are less invasive than other procedures so you won't need to worry about any downtime.
- Veneers cover severely stained teeth, as well as abnormally shaped teeth and small gaps.
- People can't tell if you have veneers because they match the rest of your teeth.
Would you like to speak with a dentist?
If you'd like to learn more about veneers and if they're right for you, then call Dr. David Donnelly. You can reach him at his Downtown San Diego, CA, office at (619) 231-0822.