Most dentistry looks like dentistry. Our goal is to provide dentistry that is undetectable. We replace existing crowns and fillings with restorations that look and feel like your natural teeth.
Where damage to a person’s teeth is extreme, and apparently beyond repair, we can use porcelain or porcelain “pasted on gold” crowns to make the smile appear “as new”. This is an extremely reliable technique for repairing the most severe of dental problems, even permanently replacing missing teeth to offer a complete smile and a functional bite. We are renowned for the quality of our work and the fantastic changes we make for people using this technology. These treatments are used for a long lasting correction of major dental problems.
- Replaces missing teeth
- Offers support to misshapen teeth or badly broken teeth
- Looks completely natural
- Fixes “smile” and functional chewing problems.
Many people have unexplained pain from filled back teeth, which is usually due to hairline cracks in the chewing part of the tooth. Placing crowns on these teeth relieves the pain and allows a return of full dental function for these teeth. In front teeth, older fillings can both weaken the teeth and cause “appearance” problems due to staining or chipping. Porcelain crowns and bridges are suitable in cases where porcelain veneers are not. In teeth with root canal fillings, crowns can prevent breakage.
Our office is one of the 5% of offices in San Diego that can offer you a stat-of-the-art, one visit , all porcelain crown in one hour! And we have 7 years of successful experience with CEREC.
Instead of a traditional gold or Porcelain- fused- to- metal (PFM) crown that takes 2 visits ( one to prepare the tooth,take an impression, and seat a temporary crown followed 1-2 weeks later by a second visit o remove the temporary crown and cement the permenant cown) our CEREC machine takes a picture (no impression) of your tooth and mills a solid all porcelain crown from a solid block of porcelain while you wait.
Not only does this crown end up being as strong as gold, it is:
- a superior fit because it scans the tooth directly, skipping the traditional steps of impression taking,model casting, porcelain layering and firing, and finishing steps that can potentially introduce error in the fit
- saves you from a second visit (and having to get numb)
- saves you from wearing a temporary crown, that can come off or break ,for 1-2 weeks
- results in less sensitivity because the tooth is exposed for only a short time and is sealed permenently when you leave the office
- is able to copy the exact shape of your existing tooth or can be optimizes to improve te shape, esthetics, or bite.This is especially valuable of your like the shape of your current tooth (especially in the front teeth), or replacing a tooth under and existing partial denture or invisalign aligner or custom splint.
- saves busy people from coming back for “retakes” when the lab made crown doesn’t fit precisely or if a color change ins needed.
CEREC is a great choice that our patients love!